At The Stoke Poges School we pride ourselves on our outstanding and extensive provision in Physical Education. We have welcomed the government’s generous funding of Primary Physical Education and Sports Premium. This has given us extra opportunities to help our children fulfill their potential in PE and sport and help raise the profile of PE as a tool for whole school improvement. We recognise the importance of children's health and wellbeing and the positive impact exercise can have on spiritual wellbeing. We are aware that children who are active and enjoy P.E and sport are going to achieve academically.
We are delighted to have been awarded the silver Kitemark award for commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport (2016-17).
The primary PE and Sport Premium is being used to extend and enhance the range and quality of P.E, sport and physical activity experiences.
- to ensure all children have access to high quality physical education.
- to ensure all children have access to a broad, rich & engaging curriculum.
- to ensure all children have access to a wide and extensive range of extra-curricular activities.
- to support all children to develop a healthy and active lifestyle.
- to increase the opportunities for children to develop leadership skills.
- to increase, the already high, level of participation in festivals, competitions, leagues and tournaments.
- to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our children.
- to ensure our children have a voice in how P.E, sports and extracurricular activities are delivered in the school.
- to monitor activity levels across the school during curriculum time and during extracurricular time, to ensure all children have access to quality physical opportunities.
- to measure the impact that specialist coaching has on pupils.
We are delighted how many children in our school are actively involved in PE and sport and how many staff are involved in the high quality delivery of PE and sport. The school continues to monitor the impact PE has on our children and their healthy lifestyles.
Our children help with sports events and promote good sportsmanship throughout the school, raising the profile of PE on a daily basis.