Year 6 Residential Trip to France 2017
We are very excited to be planning our 2017 French Trip, which will take place from the 5th – 8th June. During this time we will be staying in the Les Joies Du Rivages, Saint- Aubin, right on the beach in Normandy.
We are sure that the children will have a wonderful time and gain enormously from the experience, as it enriches the children’s knowledge and understanding of the Year 6 curriculum history topics, offers them a cultural experience and incorporates lots of fun. We are going with Equity School Travel Company, who we went with last year. Please have a look at their very extensive website to get further information www.equity.co.uk
The cost of the trip will be approximately £510-£540 per person, with the figure being largely dependent on the number of pupils attending. This cost can be paid in instalments and further information will be passed on at a later date. This cost includes:
- Full board accommodation with breakfast, packed lunches and evening meals and a Gala Dinner.
- Coach travel throughout the trip.
- Eurotunnel crossing to and from France.
- Fully comprehensive travel insurance.
- Visits to places of interest, such as:
- Bayeux tour - tapestry and market.
- Goats cheese farm.
- The American Cemetery at Omaha Beach.
- Les Sables d’Asnelles – Biscuit factory.
- Les Chocolaterie de Beussant.
- Nausicaa Sealife Cente, Boulogne-sur-Mer.
- In the evenings the children will take part in a range of activities such as a disco ,karaoke and The Stoke Poges French Trip quiz.
Your child will also be able to attend French lessons in school on a Thursday lunchtime with Mrs McCord. They will have the opportunity to learn vocabulary that they can use on the trip in the Hotel, on the town trail and also in the market.Tweets by SPS_France