Our School Ethos and Vision
The phrase: ‘Building on High Expectations’ is displayed around the school. It encapsulates our belief that we are a school community that never rests on its laurels.
- Pride – in ourselves, our school, our community and our combined achievements
- Respect – in all our thoughts and actions towards people and property
- Care – and concern towards others, our work, our environment and our community
- Unity – of purpose, direction and partnership through teamwork and support
- Success – every member of our school community is given the opportunity and encouragement to blossom and succeed
Our main aim at The Stoke Poges School is to nurture happy, independent and resilient pupils who confidently take responsibility for their own learning within a caring community. We wish to instil in our children a sense of self-worth and a passion for life-long learning so that they feel equipped morally, spiritually and emotionally to enter the world and make a positive contribution.
Our vision for the future is rooted in what we value today – we wish to see a vibrant, caring, thriving community where all staff and children alike are valued and respected for what they are and for what they can contribute. We will continue to be rooted within the local and wider community creating socially conscious, caring individuals who value the contribution that they can make within the wider world.
The school community seeks to promote a caring and stimulating environment, embracing trust, friendship, honesty and mutual respect where all children feel valued. The well-balanced, child-centred curriculum seeks to ensure the intellectual, spiritual, cultural, social and physical development of every child, equipping them for life in our society.
The Stoke Poges School mission statement is at the heart of everything we seek to achieve for our children during this critical, formative period of their lives.
These are not just fine words but a code we live and work by each school day, and which we fulfil through a set of key objectives built around the National Curriculum and Early Years Curriculum.
In doing so, our goals are to:
- Identify and develop the full academic potential of each pupil
- Enrich their life experience and improve their confidence
- Achieve excellent levels of behaviour based on mutual respect
- Provide opportunities for and encourage staff in their own development
- Maintain the business of the school on a sound financial basis
- Create an environment where all can work in harmony, comfort and safety
- Develop relationships between staff, children and parents to the benefit of all
- Be an asset to the wider community